Thread: Need a spell check Add-on for Firefox

Need a spell check Add-on for Firefox

I have downloaded a Firefox Web Browser on my newly assembled PC. I don't know why, but this browser is not functioning the spell check. So i need to install a spell check add-on for my Firefox browser. Could you guys give the me the link where can i get the Spell check add-on for Firefox ?

Re: Need a spell check Add-on for Firefox

Unfortunately there is no Spell Check add-on for Firefox but you can have SpellBound. This addon uses the existing built in dictionary and word suggestion algorithm. This addon is not intended to replace the existing spell checker but rather to make it easier to check several words at once.

To check spelling with SpellBound, you can use the "Spell Check with SpellBound" option in the drop down context menu after right clicking in the text field, or you can add the "Spell" button to your toolbar with the Firefox customize toolbar window and use it. You may also use the keyboard shortcut that is set to "Ctrl+Shift+F7" by default.This addon will set in-line spell checking on for single line fields as the default behavior.

Firefox automatically checks the spelling of words that you enter in text boxes containing more than one line. As soon as you finish typing a word, it is checked against the words in the installed dictionary. Anyways, here is the Spellcheck add-on for your Firefox Browser.SpellCheck allows using Firefox's spelling checker to check the spelling of web pages.Spell check must be initiated via the Edit menu.rnrnThe Spellcheck requires the language of the page to be specified using the lang attribute on the html tag as required by XHTML specification and accessibility requirements. It can also handle multiple language spell checking when language changed are marked up properly using the lang attribute.

Earlier versions of Firefox don’t have the ability to check the spelling of words that you’ve entered into Web page data fields but it is there in the latest versions. You can also change the dictionaries in other languages by doing this steps:- Right click on any textarea or textbox html element and choose Languages than click on Your language. You can also add a dictionary for any language by choosing Languages and than Add dictionaries.