Thread: How to undelete deleted Internet Explorer history

How to undelete deleted Internet Explorer history

Hi,

I am using Internet Explorer as my web brower. I always keep the history files that stores the information of the recently visited websites and webpages. But yesterday, when I checked for history files, I found someone have deleted them. How can I restore or undelete the deleted IE History ?

Any ideas..........plz suggest

Re: How to undelete deleted Internet Explorer history

The history information for Internet Explorer is located in a per-user directory underneath "\Documents and Settings". A default location would be - C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\History.

Note: By default, the "History" directory is marked as "invisible". So probably you won't find it. You'll need to enable viewing hidden files in Windows Explorer, or searching for Hidden Files when you perform a search. In a Command Prompt, you can simply "CD" to it, even if you don't see it.

The easiest way is to simply recover the contents of that directory, including all subdirectories, from a recent backup. If you are performing regular backups of your full system, then you can simply use your backup utility to restore only those directories. With this, you should be able to restart Internet Explorer and have the old history restored.

Depending upon how your History files have been deleted, one of the easiest ways is to check your Recycle Bin....it might be there. If you find those history files luckily, then right-click on the file and select the "Restore" option.