Thread: How to use Twitter symbols

How to use Twitter symbols

I am new to Twitter, has signed up just 2 days ago so not much aware of it. Today while accessing this account i come across some strange looking symbols at some point and really found them interesting. It will look cool in the messages. I tried to insert it in my messages but din't found any option to do that. Could you guys please let me know how to use this Twitter Symbols ?

Re: How to use Twitter symbols

Symbols such as smiley faces, an umbrella, stars and even a peace sign can be added to your update in a few clicks.It's easy if you use the Word software for your writing. For doing it manually, follow this simple steps:-

• Now you need to open any other Web Browser to access the symbols library from the Flip My Text website.

• Go to any symbol and Double click on it. Copy and save it to your clipboard.

• Create your Twitter post. Enter your update on Twitter, and prepare it for your update. Now just paste it to your twitter post.

• Once done select Update to add your post to your Twitter updates.

• Thats it!! Your symbol will appear as one character in your post.

There are many ways to insert Twitter Symbols to your post. You can add the symbols gallery to your bookmark bar by dragging the Symbolizer link at the bottom of the gallery page directly to your browser's bookmarks section. Or open a blank Word document and insert the special symbols Insert>Special Symbols. Choose one of the most popular fonts and somewhere at the bottom you will find all 4 card symbols. Insert them into Word and keep them in the place you can easily open when you need to post something.

There are three primary symbols that are used through Twitter: “@”, “RT”, and “#”. @ - this is to refer to a person or their post. For example @bingoguy would refer to the Twitter page for bingoguy. The “RT” is short for “ReTweet”. You would use “RT” if you wanted to pass on what someone else has already said. # - is used to tag an event or keyword. This is used to tag an event, meme, or other keyword to group Twitter posts together. This is also known as a “hashtag”