Thread: Facebook Application called "Error Check System" ?

Facebook Application called "Error Check System" ?

Hi,

I want to know about the Facebook Application called "Error Check System" ? Few months ago, my friend had a notification pop up on facebook linking me to the "facebook error check system" application saying that a I have encountered an error while trying to view my profile. What was that ???

Re: Facebook Application called "Error Check System" ?

There was a new spyware/malware/worm/malicious facebook application called “Error Check System”. It was simply an aggressive developer that was trying to misuse the Facebook platform for their own gain. Click on the same error link again that came through my notification and look at the bottom link that showed Error Check System; click it then blocked the Application.

It has the potential to gather information about you and your friends, including your phone number and email address depending on your settingsClicking “Add Application” on Facebook doesn’t actually install or download anything on your personal computer although a developer could theoretically prompt you to download something. This is an important reminder to all Facebook users that they must take caution about which third-party applications they install on their profile.

If you have mistakenly installed the "Error Check System" Facebook application, here's how you can remove it:

1. Click "Applications" in the bottom, left-hand corner of Facebook.

2. Next, click "Edit" in the top, right-hand corner of the Applications menu.

3. Locate "Error Check System," then click the "X" on the line next to its name.

4. A window will appear confirming this action. Select "Remove" to completely remove the application.