Thread: How to remove igoogle gadgets

How to remove igoogle gadgets

I have recently downloaded and installed iGoogle on my PC and since then adding many versions of gadgets in it but the problem is that I do not know how to delete the iGoogle gadgets? I have tried to delete the gadgets from the top right corner by clicking on the cross option but they all come back again after every I lunch the iGoogle. So can someone please tell me how to remove gadgets from iGoogle? Thank you

Re: How to remove igoogle gadgets

If you want to remove gadgets from iGoogle then follow procedures given in this topics: Use iGoogle's Gmail Gadget to Get Around Blocked Gmail
    Using iGoogle to organize daily tasks
    Important Google Tools

If you want to remove these gadgets from the directory, just delete the gadget XML specs (or rename them). The gadgets will then filter out of the directory on their own. It looks like you're using the new GGE hosting -- the GGE has a 'delete' function under the File menu which you can use to delete the gadgets. You can open them first and use Save As to rename them, if you want to keep copies around before deleting them.

Here's how to Delete igoogle gadgets:
    1. Click the tab on the left that contains the gadget you wish to delete.
    2. In the top-right corner of the gadget you'd like to delete, click the down arrow.
    3. Select Delete this gadget.
    4. You'll be asked if you're sure you want to delete the gadget; click OK to confirm.

If a gadget has malfunctioned and you're having trouble deleting it on your iGoogle page, you can delete gadgets from the iGoogle Settings page by following these steps:
    1. Go to http://www.google.com/ig/settings.
    2. In the 'Content' section, select the tab that contains the gadget you want to delete.
    3. Next to the gadget's name, click Delete.
    4. Click OK to confirm.