| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: how to get a better wireless internet connection
Troubleshoot a Wireless Internet Connection
- Down shall be extinguished and burning sealing, but after at least thirty seconds.
- It verifies the network configuration to verify direction IP and another related information.
- To determine if the network card is working suitably. To identify the bad operation to deactivate the card adapter, one by one.
- It moves one of the portable hosts - like a laptop - more near router. If it works better, the interference or of low power of the signal is the reason of the lack of access to Internet. Insufficient yield of the signal can be caused by several factors, among them the wireless devices that work in the frequency range (2.4 GHz), of a radio network, surfaces shining and too much distance between the hosts and the joining points. To solve this problem by means of a wireless repeater, a device that amplifies the wireless signal so that it arrives at zones moved away within the premises. To diminish the interference of the signal at least maintaining a distance of a meter between the wireless devices and router. Alternatively, to buy apparatuses that work to 2.4 frequencies of GHz. It tries to change the Wi-Fi channel to obtain better results.
- It verifies the operation of wireless router and joining points. It fits the antenna of router to obtain an optimal signal. The majority of the wireless Ecuadorean comes with omnidirectional antennas to send signals in all directions, an appropriate situation for a place in the form of network. If the armies are prepared in linear form, uses an antenna that sends the signals in a single direction. Some routers have portable internal antenna, giving more freedom to the users who are in movement. Routers uses an external antenna with these. The market offers antennas with different strong points now, which implies some are more powerful than others. To see if it is used one more a more powerful antenna corrects the problem. Aside from increasing range of transmission signals, the capacity of welcome of guests can also be improved. Outer WiFi antennas qualified attached to the laptops already are available for this intention.
- Change the location of the router and access point. They would ideally centered between all computers must be placed. If signal jumps from smooth and shiny surfaces, the routers and access points from windows, doors, mirrors and other metal surfaces to be placed.
- To examine indicator performances using monitoring programmer that generally it is provided with the access point.
- Make sure that the devices show lights correctly. Equipment lights are an indicator for precise connections. Different lighting conditions samples show different things. For example, some network maps successfully show green light for a connection. Also light switched on the rout Wireless LAN (WLAN), at all times, even if no equipment is attached. Further one, this light flashes, if a host communicates with another computer. Unexpected light points to a problem. Drive by manuals, over with this function and guarantee yourselves you that the devices show, lighting desired behavior.
- Wireless Internet utilities, around which SSIDs use and channels neighboring Wireless networks. Change your network SSID and/or, if them the same as those of the other networks in the proximity.
- See if correct drivers have been installed & Check configuration settings for encryption keys.