Thread: How to turn off security warning 'web page is trying to open..'

How to turn off security warning 'web page is trying to open..'

I am using Windows 7 operating system with Internet Explorer 7 as my default browser. While browsing, not all but on some websites my IE7 gives me a security warning saying,"The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted Sites list. Do you want to allow this?" I don't know exactly why this warning comes but its really getting annoyed. Is there any way to turn of this security warning ? Please let me know.

Re: How to turn off security warning 'web page is trying to open..'

This message is most likely to occur for users browsing the Internet with IE v7, after IE security updates have been applied that change the Internet, Local Intranet, and Trusted zone settings.Internet Explorer uses Web content zones when deciding what sort of restrictions to place on a Web page. For example, Web pages on the Internet are subject to 'Internet' Zone restrictions, HTML pages on a local network are subject to the 'Local Intranet' zone, and HTML pages stored locally, for example on a computer’s hard drive or on a CD run, in the 'Local Machine Zone'.You will note that the LMZ does not appear in the list of available security zones. Microsoft has hidden this zone by default to ensure that its settings are not accidentally changed. For example, we do not want Web sites to be added to the LMZ by accident or by a hostile Web site, because it would give that page almost complete freedom to run anything it wants.

To turn it off, open your browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > select Trusted Sites > click Custom Level to view the browser settings. "Websites in less privileged web content zone " could be set to prompt. You may want to change the setting to enable or disable instead.

There are two user-adjustable settings related to LMZ lockdown. If you are experiencing difficulties when attempting to access data on a CD, click on Tools, then on Internet Options, then on the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Security settings and enable the option to "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer".

If you are attempting to view an HTML page saved to your hard drive within Internet Explorer and that Web page has any active content, the Information Bar will appear with a warning about active content.The setting "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" can be enabled if you face this issue, although I would recommend that you temporarily bypass the restriction by clicking on the Information Bar and selecting "Allow Blocked Content" instead of disabling the protective feature completely.

The message does not prevent Internet access, but may be annoying to users. Users may simply reset IE to default security settings using "Reset all zones to default level". Just go to internet settings/security/trusted sites/custom level/ websites in less privileged content zone etc. Change that to disable or enable and it's fixed. This terms refer to changes in Internet Explorer that are designed to help prevent security problems—changes that are not obvious to the end-user, but instead work in the background to reduce risk when surfing the Web.

Thats is all i wanted to know. Thanks a lot for the valuable help from you all. I tried those settings and now i am not getting the warnings. It works. I appreciate all you guys help. keep it up !!

question Re: How to turn off security warning 'web page is trying to open..'

hi i have one question can we deploy this seting over the network with the help of Group Policy?
    please suggest if any other option for multiple desktops deployment

The issue is related web page security. There are some faq type things which can help you. Regarding disabling this on all remote host, is quiet tedious. It is possible to disable from gpo.Many time you can just tell the user to click on continue. This will save the preferences in the browser and will not prompt back.

About certificate errors