Thread: Disable receiving mail in Outlook 2007

Disable receiving mail in Outlook 2007

I had installed Windows Xp along with Microsoft Outlook 2007. the problem is that i have a number of email accounts and all these accounts keeps on forwarding their mails to one master account on the server. This really frustrate me a lot. So, can any body tell me that is there any way by which i can disable receiving mail in Outlook 2007? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Disable receiving mail in Outlook 2007

For that you need to follow the below steps mention. For that you need to click on Tools, then select Send/Receive Settings. Afterwards click on Define Send/Receive Groups and then make sure "All Accounts" is selected and then you need to click on "Edit". Then you need to select the account on the left hand column. where you need to Untick "Include account in this send/receive group". That's it and your job is done.

If you are having more email accounts, then you should try to set the send/receive interval on your Outlook 2007. This usually indicates a configuration data corruption problem or a misbehaving add-in/plugin. For doing so, you need to click on Tools, then select Options. After that you need to select the Mail Setup tab, then click on the “Send/Receive” button. Then try to set the “schedule an automatic send/receive” interval. Finally click on Close and then click on OK tab.

Try deleting a faulty account and re-creating it. You may have to wait for your mail provider to fix a problem on its end. If you want, you can also try out the following steps on your system.

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options and then click Advanced E-mail Options.
    3. Clear the Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields check box.

Hope so it may resolve your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmesh Arora View Post
    I had installed Windows Xp along with Microsoft Outlook 2007. the problem is that i have a number of email accounts and all these accounts keeps on forwarding their mails to one master account on the server. This really frustrate me a lot. So, can any body tell me that is there any way by which i can disable receiving mail in Outlook 2007? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Dear Dharmesh Arora
    Your anwer his the best I received after 2 moth of triing, It is definetly the right aerea to do that change . But it is not working properly yet because when I dowload I download all atomatiquely all the account .
    I have bloque the account I do not what to download but is is not working /...
    if you whant I could call you on the phone or on skype to better understand you
    Thank you very very much my email is sam.hart@ca.inter.net and my phone is 7187346234
    Sam Hart