Thread: Images are not displayed for saved pages in IE8

ohmy Images are not displayed for saved pages in IE8

I'm having IE8 installed on XP SP2. Since I'm a voracious surfer, I usually saves a lot of web pages on my hard disk.

But my problem is that the images are not displayed in IE8 when I open the saved web pages from my hard disk. But if I open that pages in Firefox/Chrome, all the images are displayed.

I've checked the Options in IE8, but in that the images are enabled. And this problem happens only with the case of saved web pages and not during browsing with IE8.

Re: Images are not displayed for saved pages in IE8

Try to open the same image in Mozilla Forefox or Opera it might happen that there would be some issue because of which you are not able to opne images on IE 8 or else check out the below link

Images don't display in IE 8

You can try few options.

• Try resetting IE settings. Go tools -> Internet options -> advanced tab -> click on reset button
    • Try reinstalling IE8

This can be due to the image option would be disabled in the browser. You can enable it back again. Launch your Internet Explorer and then click on tools. Select internet option and click on the last option advance. Then scroll down below to multimedia. See that the check box of Show pictures is selected. If not then click on the box and enable it. Then just restart your Internet Explorer.

When you save a webpage, along with the web page a folder of the same name is created, which contains all the CSS files, images and script files that exist on the page. If you delete the folder images and other formatting won't load. See if you have not deleted the folder.

This can be due to the image option would be disabled in the browser. You can enable it back again. Launch your Internet Explorer and then click on tools. Select internet option and click on the last option advance. Then scroll down below to multimedia. See that the check box of Show pictures is selected. If not then click on the box and enable it. Then just restart your Internet Explorer.
    It was already enabled.
    When you save a webpage, along with the web page a folder of the same name is created, which contains all the CSS files, images and script files that exist on the page. If you delete the folder images and other formatting won't load. See if you have not deleted the folder.
    The folder was always there.

The problem happens when I save the webpages(complete) in Firefox. If I save it in Chrome/Opera & open it in IE8, then all the images are properly displayed.

So is it a problem with Firefox ?

I think it is the problem in which the way you save the web pages from internet explorer make sure you followed the correct method in order to save the webpage else it won't display any of your images..