Thread: How to use Google weather API

How to use Google weather API

I had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. I used Internet Explorer as well as Firefox in order to access internet from my pc. I would like to know that how can i use google weather API? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How to use Google weather API

Have you run the .exe file on your system? If yes and you are not able to use it is because of Adobe's Flash Security sandbox. They implemented restrictions in manipulating data retrieved from other sites. You can still load images, swf's or other objects into your flash file as long as you are NOT manipulating them, as soon as you wish to massage the data you would run into security restrictions.

In order to use Google weather API on your system, you need to follow the below steps mention.
    1) You need to send a http request to the google weather website, let say for France. Then you need to like the following:- 2) Then you might receive an XML response containing weather forecast data for the next 4 days for a given location. So actually you could say it is more like a feed than an API.

According to me you should go for Yahoo than Google. As it is more preferable to use because it’s well documented and all the weather condition codes are known, whereas Google’s feed is a black box.