Thread: Embed iframes in Flash

Embed iframes in Flash

Hello
    I am nowadays striving to grasp flash as much as possible.which almost vital to designing my website.actually which is the first website am dealing with.I just love to embed a google calendar in the website but i think it is not an easy job for me Can anyone offer some inputs or help to do this for my Flash MX. I have a flash movie file named "main" and this generates a 'main" html file. If I modify this main.html file it just gets over written.
    any ideas would be be brilliant !!
    Thanks.

Re: Embed iframes in Flash

I know one trick this will enables you to save flash files to their web server when your current webpage does not permits, or when you want to add more then of the same Anim-FX animation on a webpage and working with an Iframe this is fair enough First create the Anim-FX animation and upload both text and swf file to the remote webserver. Open your HTML editor and create and save an HTML page that will contain the iframe. Save this page as "mainiframe.html".now make one more HTML page, append the SWF file to it, and save this HTML page as "iframeanimfx.html" and upload it again to the remote webserver.now you need to paste the following HTML code in the "mainiframe.html" between the body tags:
    <iframe name="iframeanimfx"
    src="http://www.mix-fx.com/iframeanimfx.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" height="300" width="600">
    </iframe>
    apply the cahnges to the file to see the preview You should see the content as entered in " iframetest.html" appear in the desired area in the "mainiframe.html"

There is only a few html commands that work within flash.what you can do is put a dynamic text field in the .fla file and load any content into as your wish. Flash supports many HTML tags including the IMG tag, and you can also load another .swf file into a dynamic text field using the IMG tage.I'd advice you have a look on the Flash help files for the TextField class.

Are you creating your flash movie around and HTML template.... may be your page is not completely flash on that page. you know what Flash has got some interesting HTML parsing capabilities but it is not compete with the browser my tactics would be to make the Browser handle the IFrame on that page. The other view is that even if flash was able to do this I doubt of the crossdomain sandbox built into Flash.So let it be.just design your page so that you would not be able to notice.