Thread: Does Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin work in SeaMonkey?

Does Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin work in SeaMonkey?

Hello friends

I would like to know the new Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox work for SeaMonkey 1.1.1? it installs a np-mswmp.dll file in the Firefox plugins directory which copy over to the plugins directory for SeaMonkey with ease though it seems like the wmpfirefoxplugin.exe. does any one tried this plugin did it works for SeaMonkey as well? any one have experience,just let me know

thanks for reading..!!

Re: Does Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin work in SeaMonkey?

Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox enables Windows Media Player to work on Firefox for Windows Vista and resolves known issues,The plug-in is backwards compatible with Windows Media Player version 6.4 and also adds support for Windows OCX scripting interfaces, which allows developers to add more functionality to applications,but i don't think it can work with the sea monkey...

In Windows the WMP plugin file "npdsplay.dll" and related plugin files are basically remains in the Windows Media Player program folder.The plugin installer adds the file "np-mswmp.dll" to the Firefox installation directory plugins folder "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins". but the new plugin does not work with your sea monkey.I installed the new Firefox plugin in Windows XP SP2 as a test and copied over the "np-mswmp.dll" file to my SeaMonkey 1.0.8 plugins folder and it worked fine with embedded Windows Media.

Me too agreed with precede rs. it can't work with the sea monkey. i jst visited some websites but i found nothing No video or Windows Media Player controls,but i heard the sound.the screen was blank..