Thread: How to open a link in new tab with a single click in Firefox

How to open a link in new tab with a single click in Firefox

Hi,, I had recently bought a Sony Vioa Laptop. The problem is that as on desktop computer, while using my default browser that is Firefox when i middle click the mouse on any link, it opens in a new tab. I hope you understand what i meant to say. Ok, but in Laptop i dont have mouse connected. So opening a link in tab takes lot of time, i mean i need to right click a link with the touch pad and then select open in new tab.

Is there any way i can open any link in a new tab with a single click in Firefox on my laptop ? If yes please help

Re: How to open a link in new tab with a single click in Firefox

Thats really a good query for laptop and Firefox users. Fortunately, it is possible now to open a link in new tab with a single right click on laptops as well as desktop computers in Firefox. For that you need an Firefox Add-On called as InstaClick 1.4. InstaClick removes context-menus for hyperlinks. When right-clicking on a link, the link immediately opens in a new tab. Right-clicking anywhere else in Firefox has the usual effect of displaying a context-menu. To temporarily cancel InstaClick's behavior, hold the SHIFT, CTRL, or COMMAND key while right-clicking on a link. The context-menu appears as normal.

Presently, InstaClick has no user interface. To disable it, use the Firefox Add-ons Manager (Tools->Add-ons->Disable button).

Download InstaClick

InstaClick is really very useful for the laptop users. Once it get installed in the browser and browser is restarted, the function will be effective immediately. After that whenever you'll right click on any link in firefox, instead of showing context menu it gets opened in new tab.In case there is a need to revert back to normal condition, just hold the SHIFT and CTRL keys followed by a right click will bring up the context-menus necessarily.

Thanks a lot buddy. This is much enough of what i needed here. Its definitely gonna help me lot.

I really appreciate your help. Keep it up !!