Thread: Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run ?

Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run ?

hie,

Whenever I perform security updates in my Internet Explorer, I receive the following message - Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run? Can anybody please help me working around this ? Should I really allow scripts to run ?
    please give some suggestions......thanks

Re: Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run ?

Most of the Microsoft messages are useful but you can ignore this one as this message is not very helpful.

"Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run ?" -- This message is associated with having the ability to run Java and ActiveX scripts turned off in your browser. In other words, through your settings, you are not allowing your browser to execute these scripts and to display usually vital content.

Most websites today use at least some Java script. Java scripts can be used to update your status bar, to display time, to execute some events when you move your mouse over something, to open new window when you click on something, and so on. Therefore, it is necessary to have scripting capability turned ON.

If your scripting is turned OFF, you will get this message before your browser executes every script on a page. For example, if the page that you are trying to view contains 10 scripts, you will get 10 messages.

You can follow these steps under Internet Explorer in order to fix this issue so that you won't get this message:

• Click Tools > select Internet Options > click on Security tab > select Internet > and finally go to Custom Level.

• Scroll down to the Scripting section. Here, you should see an item marked Active Scripting.

Note - On the "Prompt" setting, either Enable or Disable tol get rid of the warnings.

• Set Active Scripting to the option you wish (either Enable or Disable)

• Click OK to save the settings.

Note - If it turns out Active Scripting is not set to Prompt, check the other two options under that "Scripting" section.

Check your Internet Explorer settings.....Tools -- Internet Options -- Security -- Internet tab -- Custom

Scroll down to the "Scripting" section and for an item marked "Active Scripting". Probably, it is set to "Prompt", so either Enable or Disable to get rid of the warnings.