Thread: How do I Uninstall MSN Explorer from XP

How do I Uninstall MSN Explorer from XP

Very first i had Msn Live account, i kept it till now, but now i have switched over to gmail account, so i have decided to remove MSN explorer from my desktop, but when i try to uninstall it it won't show me any icon to uninstall. I don't really use it and there is no option in Add or Remove programs to remove it. Please suggest?

Re: How do I Uninstall MSN Explorer from XP

You wont directly get this uninstallation option under add/remove programs. It's under the Add Remove Windows Components option. It's an extra step, not the default window. i have removed it from enough systems to know where i can remove it. It's in the same location where you can add/remove the games, outlook express, and other options default to windows, just tick mark in that check box button, and click ok, it will remove it from your computer.

Re: How do I Install MSN Explorer for XP

As soon as you finished your above steps, You need to dot the following necessary steps that will ensure you to again configure MSN explorer to your XP system, the completStart>Programs>Accessories>Communications where you will find the New Connection Wizard. Start it up, then click Next>Connect To The Internet, then Next and choose to Set up Connection Manually.

The next step is applicable if you use Dial Up or any other internet connection services.

enter ISP name (MSN),then Next.Enter the Access number used to connect, then in the Internet Account Info window enter the following:
    MSN/your Member ID.(this is very important)
    Enter password*******

save info. Now you are able to connect to MSN through IE without using their MSN X.