Thread: Browser services in Yahoo Messenger

Browser services in Yahoo Messenger

Frankly speaking, i want to know what is Browser services in Yahoo Messenger. I heard little bit about this somewhere that it is a installation that came with Messenger to allow your computer to use Yahoo Mail as the default mail client. But when i tried to find it out on my computer, i failed as i dont know what is Browser services. Could you guys tell me some thing about these services ?

Re: Browser services in Yahoo Messenger

Yahoo! Browser Services gives you enhancements for Internet Explorer grouped neatly under Yahoo! Services button and menu option. These services include Sign-In, which can store multiple Yahoo! IDs for quick switching; Yahoo! Messenger Explorer Bar, which allows you to see your friends list and send links to friends within Internet Explorer; and Yahoo! Shortcuts, which allows you to set up address bar keywords to go to your favorite web sites.

If you have installed Yahoo messenger correctly, it will set Yahoo as your default email application. You will need to install the Browser Services option to make this work properly. Without the browser services installed, you still cannot set Yahoo Mail as your default.

If you can not find these feature in the installed Yahoo Messenger of your pc than you need to run the full installer and use custom install. To set Yahoo as a default email program, open Control Panel, double-click on Internet Options, click on the Program tab, select Yahoo Mail from the drop down list and click Ok. You are done !!

Thanks for sharing this useful info and the tip. I think the problem is with my installation. I need to do the full installation to get the Browser services. Thank you guys !! Keep it up