Thread: How to remove desktop smiley

How to remove desktop smiley

I have downloaded Desktop Smiley toolbar few weeks ago. After working fine for few days, our internet explorer pop-up blocker missed them all. Also it gives lots of pop ups. So i need to remove desktop smiley toolbar from my system. How to do that ?

Re: How to remove desktop smiley

To uninstall the DesktopSmiley Toolbar, you may go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Select DesktopSmiley Toolbar and click Remove. The DesktopSmiley Toolbar uninstaller will then be called out to perform the un-installation.

Some of these programs introduce virus into your computer so also scan your PC using your antivirus program.

Thanks for this useful discussion friends. I am also facing a problem with desktopsmiley toolbar. I tried it installing many times on my system. It gets installed properly but didn't show up in my browser. Any suggestion for that will be appreciated.

DesktopSmiley Toolbar is only compatible on Internet Explorer version 6 or up. You may select View and then Tools, and see if there is checked on DesktopSmiley Toolbar entry. If there is not tick sign besides, please check the DesktopSmiley Toolbar entry and it will show up.

Desktopsmiley.com is the well known adware / malware program popping ads in your windows unlimitedly and hijack your page, hang your computer etc...

users are recommended to uninstall this malware right away, there are clones of desktopsmiley includes: gamingharbor.com / gamingztar.com also doing bad things!

to remove this program, go to control panel remove "System Search Despatcher" / "Internet Services Optimizer" / "Media Access Startup" / Quest Services (bundled bad program that hijack your search engine) these are all bad programs comes with it.

Desktopsmiley = BAD Ware!

There are many similar stuffs like MyWebSearchBar, MyScreenSaver, SmileyCenter, etc which distribute spyware and adware. Do not download any screensaver, search toolbar unless it is from trusted source...