Thread: How to disable internet options in Internet Explorer

How to disable internet options in Internet Explorer

On my pc i had install Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm using Internet Explorer as my web browser. I would like to know that how can i disable access internet options in Internet Explorer? Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to disable internet options in Internet Explorer

For that you need to go to Internet Options in the Control Panel. Then you need to the Connections tab and click on LAN settings. Then you need to Uncheck "Automatically detect settings" and then check "Use proxy server" and put settings in for a proxy server that doesn't exist. This will time out the Web browser each time a user tries to pull up an Internet site.

Before doing any thing on your pc, you must first logged in as an Administrator, then you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. Open "regedit.exe" from the "Start" button, then you need to choose "Run" and then run the registry editor.

2. Navigate to the following key: My Computer / HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Policies / Microsoft / Internet Explorer

3. Then you need to navigate to the Restrictions key, or create a key Restrictions.

4. In order to enable the "Internet Options" menu, you should see a key "NoBrowserOptions" with a value of 1. Either delete the key or change its value to 0. To disable the "Internet Options" menu, create a new DWORD value with the name "NoBrowserOptions". Give this a value of 1.

5. Then finally you need to restart Internet Explorer, so that your changes should take effect on your pc.

In order to disable internet option in Internet Explorer, you need to follow the below steps.

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
    2. Locate and click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    4. Type PrivacyAddRemoveSites, and then press ENTER.
    5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    6. Type 1, and then click OK.

This registry value can make the Edit button unavailable on the Privacy tab. Also, the Edit button can become unavailable if the user moves the slider on the Privacy tab to either Block All Cookies or Accept All Cookies. The "Per Site Privacy Actions" are ignored if either of these privacy settings are used.