Thread: How do i change the default font in gmail?

How do i change the default font in gmail?

Hello,
    I am using Gmail account, I want to change its font but i don't know how does one change the default font setting? I want to change the default font text and size in Gmail. I don't know if its not possible or gmail doesn't supports this feature. Any help would be nice. Thank you.

Re: How do i change the default font in gmail?

Rich formatting is not available in Gmail's basic HTML view. At this time there is no way to save customized formatting options as a default Gmail setting.

You can customize Gmail messages with rich formatting, add color to your greetings, underline key points, or make your words bold. Here's how to enhance your messages:

1. Click Compose Mail at the top of any Gmail page.
    2. Click the icon for the formatting feature you'd like to use in the formatting toolbar above the compose window. If you don't see any icons, click Rich formatting >> to display all formatting options.
    3. Type your message! (Please note that Gmail doesn't recognize HTML tags inserted in the body of a message.)

If you decide you'd like to write a message in plain text format, just click << Plain text along the top of the compose window.

Gmail's Formatting Options

You should use the Better Gmail 2 extension for Firefox. Its Adds useful extra features to Gmail, like hierarchical labels, an unread message icon on your browser tab, file attachment icons, and more.

Add Better Gmail 2 to Firefox

Long Description

Add useful extra features to Gmail, like hierarchical labels, an unread message icon on your browser tab, file attachment icons, and more.

Better Gmail 2 compiles the best Greasemonkey user scripts for Gmail into a single package. All scripts copyright their original authors. Click on the script homepage in the About tab for help and more information. Only compatible with the new Gmail interface.

Source: mozilla.org

You can use multiple things to change the font but in next login you'll find your self at same place with the old font. Current it does not support to change the default font. However you can make a suggestion for this feature here http://mail.google.com/support/bin/s...suggestions.cs

rajupp Guest

there is much better solution as google labs added a new feature called default text styling. check this article for illustrations on how to use the feature to set the default font in gmail