Thread: Download dialogue box disable in Firefox

Download dialogue box disable in Firefox

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. I'm using Firefox as my web browser. The problem is that whenever i try to download any thing from internet, my Firefox doesn't show the dialogue box on my desktop screen. So, can any body tell me that why does download dialogue box been disable in Firefox? What i need to do in order to enable my download dialogue box in Firefox? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Download dialogue box disable in Firefox

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. First of all you need to click on Tools and then need to select Options.

2. When the Options dialog box appears, you need to click on Privacy tab.

3. Next to "Ask me before clearing private data", click on the Clear Now button.

4. The "Clear Private Data" dialog box will appear on your desk top screen. You need to check on "Download History", and check or uncheck other items as desired.

5. Then click on the "Clear Private Data Now" button.

6. Now, if you want to prevent Firefox from ever storing this information, uncheck "Remember what I've downloaded".

7. Then click on "OK" to close the dialog box.

Whenever you attempt to download a file, you may see the error, <filename> could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred. Try to remove stored cookies from the FireFox browser by just going in to Tools and then select Options. After that you need to select Privacy tab and then select Exceptions button from the Cookies section of the dialog box. Many web browsers will offer the ability to store login information. In general, we recommend against using such features. Then you need to highlight the cookies to in order to be remove it and then need to click on the Remove Cookie button. And at last you need to cick on the Close button when finished.

Problematic extensions can cause download or file-saving issues, such as nothing happening when you click a download link or a missing "Save File" option on the "Opening" dialog box. Many web browsers will offer the ability to store login information. In general, we recommend against using such features. The Content category contains an option to Enable Java. Java is a programming language that permits web site designers to run applications on your computer.