Thread: Disable Internet Explorer startup page

Disable Internet Explorer startup page

Recently i had installed Internet Explorer 7 on my system. On my pc i'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i disable to Internet Explorer startup page? Does any body knows about how can i do it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Disable Internet Explorer startup page

For that you need open up your Internet Explorer 7 in No Add-on mode. Then you need to go to Start menu, then select All Programs, then choose Accessories and then click on System Tools and select Internet Explorer.

If SpyHunter's spyware scanner detects HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page on your system. Then you can used Disable Startup progranm on your system. It is a free startup manager and monitoring program, it can scan all Windows Startups on your computer,and monitor all new startup items, helps you control, manage and optimize Windows Startup configuration. Disable Startup also monitor the start page of Internet Explorer; stop any change that you don't know. It can work with fine Windows XP and Vista, is one protecting tool for Windows Startup from changes. This software can help you save system memory and resources by disable unnecessary programs, because windows launches many unnecessary programs and services at boot up.

You may have specified a home page in the Internet Options, even before running Internet Explorer. You may intend, if only for a while, just to browse files on your local computer or your secure intranet.Try to delete a malicious registry key from your registry and for that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) To open the Registry Editor, go to Start--> Run--> type regedit in the Open box and then press the "OK" button.
    2) Then you need to locate and afterwards click on the subkey that holds the registry key(s) that you want to delete.
    3) Then to delete the registry value, you need to right-click on it and need to select "Delete".
    4) Afterwards close the registry editor and reboot your computer. If something appears wrong after you've changed the registry, you can restore the registry from the backup you've created.