Thread: How to Embed FLV/SWF Videos In HTML

How to Embed FLV/SWF Videos In HTML

Hello everybody, I have a problem, For my brother schools project I have made a website , in which I am having a problem in video section,I am trying to embed a video that is in flv format in an html page, but i cannot do so ,can you help me and tell me in which directory I have to placed my video and especially the code that I need to incorporate into my html page , please help Thanks in advance

Re: How to Embed FLV/SWF Videos In HTML

For my site, i Have created a document folder , In which I copied an index.html file (to avoid a listing of the directory), I also copied the FLV player (FLASH VIDEO PLAYER 3.2) and my video file name as lelo.flv.

In an html page I embedded this code:
    <center>
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="240" data="flvplayer.swf">
    <param name="movie" value="flvplayer.swf" />
    <param name="flashvars" value="file=lelo.flv" />
    </ object>
    </ center>
    Well, I hope it will help you.

The JW FLV Player is the Internet's most popular and flexible media player. It supports playback of any format the Adobe Flash Player can handle (FLV, MP4, MP3, AAC, JPG, PNG and GIF). It also supports RTMP, HTTP, live streaming, various playlists formats, a wide range of settings and an extensive javascript API.

The skinning functionality allows you to completely customize its look and its plugin architecture allows you to easily extend the player with features such as sharing, recommendations, searching, analytics and ad serving.
    Installation

This section details a step-by-step process of how to install the JW FLV Player onto your page. The download ZIP contains everything you need to get started.

1. Step 1: Transfer the player.swf and swfobject.js file from the ZIP to your website. (Make sure that you've also uploaded all the necessary videos / songs / pictures to your site.)
    2. Step 2: Embed the player in your HTML page with the lines of code below. Note: If you place the files in different directories, make sure to set the references in this code accordingly.

<p id='preview'> The player will show in this paragraph </ p>

<script type='text/javascript' src='swfobject.js'> </ script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    var s1 = new SWFObject ( 'player.swf', 'player','400 ','300','9 ');
    s1.addParam ( 'allowfullscreen', 'true');
    s1.addParam ( 'allowscriptaccess',' always');
    s1.addParam ( 'FlashVars',' file = video.flv ');
    s1.write ( 'preview');
    </ script>

Videobox is a 6kb script, which shows your videos in the page with an overlay. It was inspired from Lightbox.v2 and uses some of the Slimbox 's code. It's written for the wonderful mootools library. And used SWFObject to embed flash.

Firstly, you should include 3 javascript files to your page. You can change the path, if you upload it to somewhere else. You can paste the code below in your head tag.

Code:
      <script type="text/javascript" src="js/mootools.js"> </ script> 
      <script type="text/javascript" src="js/swfobject.js"> </ script> 

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/videobox.js"> </ script>
    And you must include the css file (for the styles).

Code:
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/videobox.css" media="screen" type="text/css" />
    And, here is the thing:

Code:
      <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhi5x7V3WXE" rel="vidbox" title="caption"> our video </ a>
    Add the rel = "vidbox" video to your page's link to show video links in Videobox, and add title = "my caption" to add caption to a box.