Thread: MSN Messenger Hosts File Error

MSN Messenger Hosts File Error

Whenever i try to loging into MSN messenger, it shows an error message stating that the hosts file have some problem. You can click on the repair button. But when i try to click on repair button, it does nothing. When i try to find out the exact problem i came to know that it was the problem with my hosts file. So, now can any body tell me that what i need to do with my msn messenger hosts file? Can any body provide me the correct solution in order to get rid of the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: MSN Messenger Hosts File Error

It may be possible that you have more than one hosts file, which you should not have. The HOSTS file does not contain any files, only IP addresses and URLs in text form. The HOSTS file can be used to block advertisements, malware, parasites, drive-by installers, etc, tho' very few people take advantage of this extremely powerful file, so it's usually empty and not helping you at all.

The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one space. For that you need to re-register msxml3.dll on your system. For doing that you need to click on the Start menu, then select Run and type the following: Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

In order to get rid of the above issue, try to uninstall MSN Messenger from your system. Then go to the official webdite and from there try to download MSN Messenger program on your system. Afterwards install it and check out whether you still face the same problem or not on your system.