Thread: Gmail imap to outlook 2007 locking up

Gmail imap to outlook 2007 locking up

Hi,

I know that IMAP in Gmail is a god send feature for people who live life inside Microsoft Outlook. But I have been facing problem using gmail for our corporate email , with an outlook 2007 client set up with IMAP. it keeps freezing up on us for several seconds at a time. Is there any way to solve this? i have been looking everywhere for a solution but haven't found a one. please help me

Re: Gmail imap to outlook 2007 locking up

If you are having an issue with your sent email not showing up in Gmail, you can use the Folders tab, and then select the Gmail] Sent Mail folder. Only do this step if your mail is not showing up, otherwise it will duplicate the sent mail. Now that you’ve closed out that dialog, you can click the Test Account Settings button to make sure everything is going to work.

You may such problems if you are outside of the US. in that case you can use imap.googlemail.com and smtp.googlemail.com instead of imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com. For Gmail Apps accounts, you’ll need to put in your full email address . go to “More Settings” button and find the Outgoing Server tab, where you’ll need to check the box for “My outgoing server requires authentication”

Now choose the Advanced tab, and enter the following values (Very important)

• Incoming Server: 993
    • Incoming Server encrypted connection: SSL
    • Outgoing Server: 587
    • Outgoing Server encrypted connection: TLS

If you are facing slow response with outlook and want to improve the performance of Microsoft Outlook with Gmail IMAP then Press Ctrl+Alt+S to open your Outlook Send and Receive groups. Select the Gmail account that you have configured with Microsoft Outlook and now click Edit. select “Download holders only”. For Inbox and Drafts, select “Download complete item including attachments.” Press OK. This will block the spams.