Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

IE: Can't sign in to Hotmail account

Technology & Internet

Old 20-06-2009

IE: Can't sign in to Hotmail account

I use Internet explorer as my default browser and recently i upgraded my MSN Messenger to 7.0 beta. From last couple of days whenever i am trying to sign in to my Hotmail account, computer says that 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. I can comfortably login to MSN messenger. Problem is just with Hotmail Account. I am using Windows Xp. Please help.

Old 20-06-2009

Re: IE: Can't sign in to Hotmail account

I think, the cookies may be causing this problem. Go to Internet Explorer, from the menu select Tools then Delete Browsing History and then Delete All.Also Check your security/firewall settings. Also these hotmail problems are caused by the latest IE/MSN Messenger updates. Why don't you try uninstalling the MSN 7.0 beta. See you can login after doing that. also under Internet Options, go to the Security Tab and click on Custom Level. Make sure your "Allow META REFRESH" option is Enabled.
Old 20-06-2009

As you said the problem is with Internet Explorer, why don't you try this with some other browsers.It is a browser/cookie error.when the browser stops and won't allow you to go any further, type hotmail.com into the address bar and hit enter. Many user have reported this problem with IE, so better you try signing in on Firefox.

Also see this for more troubleshooting:-

Can't login to hotmail account
Old 20-06-2009

Thanks for the help buddy. I hope any one of these solution can fix my problem. Let me try that all first and i'll be back with the results. Hope it works for me.

Thank you !!

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,