Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can I downgrade from IE7 to IE6

Technology & Internet

Old 19-06-2009

How can I downgrade from IE7 to IE6

My professor gave me his project in order to help me too give a basic idea how a project should be made. The project was basically a website designed specifically for IE. He told me that it will work in IE5 or IE6 only but not in IE7 or IE8. But at my home I have IE7 installed. It came along with Windows Vista. So how can I downgrade from IE7 to IE6 in order to see the website project?

Old 19-06-2009

Re: How can I downgrade from IE7 to IE6

Internet Explorer 7 is a crucial part of Windows Vista operating system and so it can not be uninstalled. Microsoft doesn't allow to uninstall any of the components that are included in its Operating System package. You can never uninstall Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and other such tools that comes along with Windows operating system.
Old 19-06-2009

Yeah that's true that you could not uninstall IE7 from Windows Vista but what wrong with IE7. It should be able to run your project without any difficulty. You can also try Firefox, Opera, Safari, or Google Chrome and see if you are able to open your project. Otherwise you can also try downloading IE6 from internet and install it on some local drive other than one containing the Windows Vista. And create a short cut somewhere to launch it.
Old 19-06-2009

According to Microsoft, Windows Vista doesn't support Internet Explorer 6. So installing it on your computer is completely useless. However if you still want to use it under Windows Vista then you need a third party standalone installer namely IE6 Alpha. You can download IE6 Alpha here.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,