Thread: What is the correct share ratio in Bitcomet

What is the correct share ratio in Bitcomet

I am using Bitcomet software for sharing software's on Internet. Yesterday I started to download a huge file using bitcomet (about 3GB) but it still not completed downloading. Is there any problem? Can I know what is the correct share ratio in Bitcomet? How can we calculate the share ratio in Bitcomet? Please help!

Re: What is the correct share ratio in Bitcomet

The best share ratio, in my opinion, is 2:1. If your upload exceeds your downloads then that means you are downloading torrents with less number of seeds which you may not like because every one use sharing software to get more benefits. This can be the reason of your problem. On the contrary if there download exceeds the uploads then you are benefited by downloading the stuff quickly.

A share ratio is the ratio of your uploading and downloading. The best ratio is over 1 which means your uploading and downloading is equal. The performance of the torrent gets hurt if your uploading is less than your download. So it becomes very essential that you upload as much as you can download. Some client software's may even ban you if you can't upload as much as you download, or otherwise they could limit your download to the lowest in order to continue the process for others.

A share ratio depends on situation and on the site you are visiting. Many a times trackers use tight download/upload ratio policy in order to make sure that the data is shared and the bandwidth is saved. The BitComet does not decides the share ratio which you are getting on your end, it decided dynamically by the software.