Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can i change the default search in Flock

Technology & Internet

Old 13-06-2009

How can i change the default search in Flock

Hi, i got many tips on this forum about changing the default search engine on the browsers like FireFox, Opera, Internet Exlorer, etc.. Today i need something similar to that. I am using Flock browser and as you all might be knowing that the default search in Flock is yahoo which i need to change to google. Could you guys please make me know how can i do that ?

Old 13-06-2009

Re: How can i change the default search in Flock

Well, it is true changing the default search is not easy as other browsers that we do with a single click. But it is not too hard as well. Here is the step by step process to do so:-

Open your Flock browser and go to Tools Menu and click on Options.

Now a dialog box will get opened.Click on the Searching Tab.

Here you will see the default search engine box. You just need to select the Default engine from the drop down list whichever you want and save the settings.

Thats it.. You are done.
Old 13-06-2009

There is also an alternate way to do the same easily.Just open the Flock Browser and type about:config in the address bar. Now go to the Filter bar and type in search.Now modify the browser.search.defaultenginename property to Google. and then modify the browser.search.defaulturl to http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=.

You are done. Default search will be changed to Google.
Old 13-06-2009

Thank you very much for this help. I was in search of this for a long time but was unable to do so. It was my first post on this forum and i got the solution so quick. I appreciate your help. Thanks

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,