Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Speed up slow dial-up connection

Technology & Internet

Old 11-06-2009

Speed up slow dial-up connection

I have a 56.6Kbps modem but when i use a dial up connection to connect to the internet it connects at 28.8 Kbps only. Is there a way to Speed up slow dial-up connection? Please help! This slow speed is frustrating...

Old 11-06-2009

Re: Speed up slow dial-up connection

Go to network connections and locate your dial up connection. Right-Click on the connection and click properties. Now click on configure, there will be the speed indicated which the modem uses to connect, increase it to the maximum speed selection available. click OK and connect now. Some amount of speed will be increased.
Old 11-06-2009

Go to start > run. Type gpedit.msc and press enter. There from the list navigate to 'Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler'. Now on the right-hand side you will find "limit reservable bandwidth", Double click on it and select 'disabled' Click apply and click ok. Do the same for "limit outstanding packets". Once this is done, close the gpedit.msc window. And some amount of speed will be increased. Windows reserves 20% of bandwidth and configuring the above this will give you full bandwidth to use.
Old 11-06-2009

Thanks buddies, the speed has noticeably increased, but still this speed is too slow. I am looking for a broadband connection, which seems to be the only way to me. Thanks again.
Old 11-06-2009

Here is a list of broadband services related threads, might help you :

any good broadband service provider between Rs 100 - 200.
Airtel Unlimited Broadband Plan is Best
Which ISP provides wirefree internet with good speed ?
Which Internet do you use?

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: ,