Thread: No dial tone in Tosbiba modem

No dial tone in Tosbiba modem

I am having an Toshiba Mini external dial up modem. It is connected with my laptop. For last couple of days it is not working. When I tried to connect it to the internet via telephone line there is no sound of dial tone. My telephone provider is At&T. I had tried to reinstall the modem but even after that there is not dial tone. My telephone line is working fine. I am not able to identify the problem behind this. What can be the cause of this problem. Please provide suggestion to sort this problem out.

Re: No dial tone in Tosbiba modem

There can be multiple reason behind your problem. You mentioned that your telephone line is proper. So we will just check out the configuration setting. Launch device manager by right clicking on my computer and select properties. Go to hardware tab > device manger. Look out for your Toshiba modem under the modem tab. If there is any red mark or exclamation mark then right click on it and choose properties. Go drivers and update the driver. The exclamation mark must disappear. If everything is fine there then go to your modem properties in the control panel. Check out weather the modem sounds in enable or not. Second thing try to set up a new dial up connection by going in internet option in the control pane. You will get the setup in Connection tab. Set up a dial up connection and restart your system.

casper0191 Guest

Also Have you contacted your ISP about this matter?

If you had tried to dial up connection at the time of lightning, then it is possible that your modem is affected badly. The computer will still show that it is working fine but the device is dead. First test it then decide. Press windows key + R from the keyboard. Type devmgmt.msc in the box and press enter. In the modem double click on your modem. A Toshiba modem properties box will appear. Now click on Diagnostic tab. Click on query or run test. After some time you can see the result.

I think it can be a network adapter conflict. Try this. Right click on My computer and select Manage. In the computer manage click on Device Manger. Go to the network adapter and disable the listed adapters by right clicking on them. Reconnect your modem. If it works then due to the conflict between the network adapter and your modem the problem arises. Also check out the cable connecting to your modem. If it is broken or altered change it.