Thread: What is GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe ?

What is GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe ?

Hello everyone,

I have this weird program that wants to settle on my computer.
    Here in my task manager a "process", I have several "things" that go but I do not know if I should keep or delete .

What is this? Comment and how do I get rid if it is useless.
    I do not know if I have to remove or leave

I use Google toolbar since the beginning and I did not have that window before.

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

thank you

Re: What is GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe ?

Apparently this is not a virus. Considering that his name must be a google toolbar.

But the fact it wants to settle on startup, therefore it can be seen in the folder C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier.

if after deleting the file GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe still settling on startup, go to the start menu\ run type msconfig and go to the "Start" from the window that appears. and uncheck the "GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" (or something like that). Click "Apply" then "OK." restart your PC to see if the problem persists.

It does not affect the registry, but the list mode, which is quite different. With starter GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe will be launched at startup without affecting the registry.

Download Starter 5.6.2.8 - Starter scans the registry to find software that will launch at startup and display them by category. For each of them displayed the location of the executable or DLL and its publisher. It is then possible to either disable it (to test that it has no negative consequences on the system), or remove them.

Tab allows to check whether a program run at startup is still in operation, which helps the diagnosis.

GoogleToolbarNotifier is a companion to the Google Toolbar. This executable is necessary to enable the Search Settings Notifier feature of the Toolbar. This feature lets you keep Google as your default search engine and prevents this setting (and others as we add new features) from being changed without your consent.