Thread: What is "fortispamshield"

What is "fortispamshield"

Hello, i dont know is this correct section to ask this query or not but as it is related to my email, i am making it here. Actually one of email has come back to me as undelivered. I used the same account to send this message and to the same recipient's id where i usually send. the message what i got from the postmaster is "This message has been blocked because it is from a FortiSpamshield black IP address." Well, in fact i dint got it. What is FortiSpamshield means?

Re: What is "fortispamshield"

the undelivered email sounds like it came from the recipient's ISP because your own ISP would not be invoking a block on its own IP addresses.FortiSpamshield is a new fee based antispam service that extends the capabilities of today’s RBL services. An RBL service only looks at the sending SMTP server’s IP Address and compares it with a list of well-known spammer IP Addresses. It is is designed to help reduce the amount of spam email that is targeting companies of all sizes. And about the mail not delivering, Apparently the person you are emailing uses a fortigate firewall for SPAM protection, and your IP is being blocked.try again tomorrow. If it still doesn't work, let them know that their mail server is now blocking your usadatanet account. it's their spam software.

Re: What is "fortispamshield"

Check the separate blocked lists in Windows Mail. Click on Tools, then Message Rules, then Mail.Click on each rule in the list and read it. If it deletes mail from that sender, or even just the part of the address after the @, click on Remove and any approvals need, then continue with the rest of the list. After the last rule, click on OK. FortiSpamshield is a fully managed service that is maintained by Fortinet’s Response Team around the world. Their servers contain the latest information on known spammers and URI spam content. The FortiSpamshield server rates the information sent by the FortiSpamshield agents and return the results to the FortiGate or FortiMail units. Aside from enabling the service on the FortiGate or FortiMail device, there are no other resources required by the customer.