Thread: Delete bulk of emails in Hotmail

Delete bulk of emails in Hotmail

I was not able to open my Hotmail account due to some of my personal reasons from last one month, and today when i opened it i saw there is 3500 unread emails. Most of these emails are from lists I subscribed, which is of no use and i dont want to waste time reading them.

So what i need to do is delete this bulk of unread emails from my Hotmail inbox. I config the hotmail so that each page lists 100 emails, but I have to go over 35 pages to delete them. Is there any simple way i can do the same?

Re: Delete bulk of emails in Hotmail

Deleting all of 3500 emails at once is not possible yet but what you can do is you can delete all messages displayed per page.No other way. Select all box next to the "Sort by"and delete. There is a little box at the top i think right next to the top of the From field.You can also set up your account in Windows Live Hotmail as a workaround.

With this e-mail client, you can delete all your messages at once.

The only way to delete this messages easily is to hit Select All for all the 35 pages at minimum. and the best is to unsubscribe the list mails, which you feel are of no use. This will save your time of deleting messages.In Hotmail there is a wee box to the left of each post if you click on this you will see a tick or check mark appear then go to the top of the list and select from the two buttons that say Delete or Block.

Thanks for this useful info guys,, i am also using hotmail and facing the same problem. I have around 8 thousand emails which i need to delete and it is taking lots of time for me. Hope this post will work for me too.

servesbest Guest

Yes, only by any trick it seems to be possible otherwise there is no unique way being provided by hotmail. DO more R&D, a lot of ways have to be come out.

You can delete all of your emails at once with hotmail.
    Go into your inbox page, and at the top of the page, click the "sweep" button. It will scroll down and choose the "empty this folder" option.
    When all of the emails go into your deleted folder, click onto the folder page and click "empty" at the top of the page to permanently delete.
    I have just had to do this with over 6000 emails. had it sorted in two minutes.

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I actually spent hours trying to figguire this out!!