Thread: How to setup Email in Outlook Express using Comcast Server

How to setup Email in Outlook Express using Comcast Server

I want to setup an email in outlook express using a comcast server. Well, I have installed Windows Vista in my system and am using Outlook Express 2007. Can someone please help me providing the detailed information for setting a comcast email in my vista outlook express....?

thank you...

Re: How to setup Email in Outlook Express using Comcast Server

Follow these steps :

1. Open the Outlook Express program.

2. In Outlook Express, use the Internet Connection Wizard to setup the initial settings for Comcast email. If you're using Outlook Express for the first time, the wizard should start automatically. If the wizard doesn't start, follow these steps to start the wizard, "Tools," "Accounts," "Add" and "Mail".
    3. Note - Make sure the circle next to "Create a new Internet mail account" has a dot in it. If a dot isn't in the circle, click the circle. Click the "Next" button to proceed.

4. Type a name for this Comcast email account in the box provided and click the "Next" button.
      Provide your complete email address in the appropriate box on the next screen, for example yourname@comcast.net. Replace "yourname" with your existing user name for your Comcast email account. Click "Next" button at the bottom of the window.

5. Choose POP3 from the drop down menu next to "My incoming mail server is a."
      Add "mail.comcast.net" in the box under "Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server."
      Type "smtp.comcast.net" in the white box under "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server" and click "Next."

6. Put your Comcast email account name in the white box beside "Account name." The name is the first part of your Comcast email account before the "@" symbol. Put your unique password in the box next to "Password."

Tip - Click the small box next to "Remember password" to access this Comcast email quickly without typing the password every time you check your email. If other people use the computer, you may want to leave the box blank so they can't read your email by simply starting Outlook Express. You will have to provide the password every time you check your email.

7. Go to the next page in the wizard by clicking "Next" and click "Finish" to end the wizard.

8. Look at the "Internet Accounts" window, which should now list the account you just created. Click the new account to highlight it and then click the "Properties" button.

9. Scan down to the bottom of the Properties windows and place a check mark in the box next to "My server requires authentication."

10. Open another pop-up window by clicking the "Settings..." button.

11. Make sure the circle next to "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" has a green dot in it (click the circle if it does not) and click the "OK" button.

12. Select the "Advanced" tab at the top of the Properties window. Near the top of the list of items in this window is the "Server Port Numbers." Put the numbers "587" in the white box to right of the words "Outgoing mail (SMTP)." You may have to replace numbers in the box.

13. End the setup process by clicking the "Apply" button and then the "OK" button at the bottom of the Properties window.

In order to setup Outlook Express with your Comcast.net user name and password, follow the detailed steps given in the following link -

Click Here

This might be also prove useful to you after setting up a Comcast Email Account in your Vista Outlook Express.

Outlook Lost Password Recovery Tool -

This MS Outlook password recovery tool easily displays information about incoming outgoing server port number, user logins, all types of account created by outlook express and shows the complete list of outlook users and their identity passwords. It allows you to easily unmask your lost passwords as well as retrieves server address, type, login and password for all e-mail accounts.