Thread: Windows Vista Wireless Icon problem

Windows Vista Wireless Icon problem

Hi,
    I have a laptop with windows vista on it. My wireless connection work very slow whenever I connect it after boot up. I tried to connect the internet immediately after boot up. Then after a window updated my wireless icon the task bar disappear. I had checked in the notification area also. But no progress. Can anyone help me what can be the problem with the my system.

Re: Windows Vista Wireless Icon problem

Give some time to your laptop to boot up. You cannot connect the wireless directly as system is loading all services and drivers. After some time it will work fine. To get your icon back perform the below action.
    • Go to Start Menu > All programs > Accessories
    • Look for cmd and right click on that. Select Run as Administrator.
    • In the command prompt window give the following commands :
    • Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
    • Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    • Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    • Now restart your sytem. The icon will be replaced back in its place.

I will consider you to update your wireless device driver. Better if your install back the application software back again. To update the driver right click on my computer and select properties. Go to Hardware and Device Manger. Look for the wireless device and select update drivers. Restart your system. You can also access device manager by going to Start Menu > Run > devmgmt.msc.

To get the wireless icon back on the task manager follow the below steps. Go to start menu > run. Or press Windows key and R. In the run dialog box type cmd. In the DOS window give the command IPCONFIG /ALL. In the resulting windows right click and choose select all. Press enter to copy and paste the details in notepad. Refer the details and you will came to know the configuration settings about your wireless device. These details will help you to figure out about the wireless settings.