| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: Setup comcast email with outlook in Vista
Here are the instruction to setup comcast email client on Outlook express. Use the same for Windows Live Mail :
- Open Outlook Express by double-clicking the Outlook Express icon on your desktop
- The first time you start Outlook Express the Internet Connection Wizard will run. Select Create a new Internet mail account and click Next to continue
- On the Your Name screen type in your name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing e-mail messages and click Next to continue
- Type in your @comcast.net e-mail address on the Internet E-mail Address screen. Click Next to continue
- On the E-mail Server Names screen, select POP3 from the drop down list. In the space provided below Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:, enter mail.comcast.net. Type in smtp.comcast.net as your Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: and click Next to continue
- On the Internet Mail Logon screen, type in your Comcast user name in the field titled Account name:. Your user name is everything leading up to, but not including the @comcast.net part of your e-mail address. For example, if your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you would enter test_account as your Account name:. In the Password: field, enter in your Comcast assigned password. If you do not wish to enter your password every time you check your e-mail, put a check in the box labelled Remember password. Click Next to continue
- Congratulations, you have now set up Outlook Express as your e-mail program. Click Finish to begin sending and receiving e-mail
- Although the Internet Connection Wizard has collected the basic information needed to receive email, you still need to complete a couple of other steps to send mail through the Comcast mail servers.
- In the Internet Accounts window (still open from steps above), highlight the account just created and click Properties.
- In the Servers tab, verify that smtp.comcast.net is in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field.
- Place a check in the My server requires authentication option
- Click the Settings button
- In the Outgoing Mail Server box, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK
- Select the Advanced tab. In the Advanced tab, under Server Port Numbers, change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) from whatever number is in the field to 587
- Click the OK