Thread: Internet Explorer shuts down abruptly

Internet Explorer shuts down abruptly

I have recently installed Internet Explorer 7, I used it for a week it works fine and it suddenly gives me an pop-up messages saying that 'Worm.love.a' and after some time it has been detected by my AVG antispyware. It gave me the option of cleaning and quarantining which I chose. It then told me that I needed to restart my computer to complete the procedure. I followed everything but it still give me the same problem.

Re: Internet Explorer shuts down abruptly

It might be infected by the virus and does not allow to start up, you need to remove the IE 7 from the Add/remove program files,windows component and reinstall it once again and try whether it runs properly, still it does not work then remove the file stored in the C/program file/internet explorer 7.

Despite deleting the worm through AVG Anti-virus and turning off System Restore, when I re-booted the worm was still there and another one as well - not to mention eleven other files infected. you may also try the Advanced tab in Internet Options,there you could uncheck, close and re-check the option. while using your anti virus if you find Worm.lover.a which u have suggested take the backup from Symantec Ghost and try to restart to restored it to normality.

Download Spybot with its Full Updates try to Full Scan your computer then remove all shortcuts to the files in c:\windows\start menu\programs\start up, Enter Msconfig in the run command startup and remove all links to the files there. Reboot your system. Run a full updated virus scan on your drives just to be safe.