Thread: Error kcferrordomainwinsock:10013

Error kcferrordomainwinsock:10013

I am using Apple Safari on Windows Vista installed computer. Yesterday while opening Safari to check my emails I got the following error message: kCFErrorDomainWinsock:10013.

Doing some research, I found that this might have to do with a winsock or something? Does anybody know what's wrong?

Re: Error kcferrordomainwinsock:10013

TCP/IP stack Winsock settings gets corrupted quiet often either due to installation of a networking software or due to some virus, Trojan or malware infection. This may result in errors and problems with Internet connectivity. To repair and reset this settings:

1. Go to Start, and type cmd in the Search box.
    2. Type "netsh winsock reset" in the Command Prompt, and then press Enter.
    3. Restart.

This resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration.

First of all, do not uninstall Safari because you problems lies somewhere else and Safari has nothing to do with this error. Winsock error usually relates to network problems and not the software that you are using. This error occurs when the local network system aborts a connection, which might happen if the remote host didn't acknowledge data even after retries. If you are getting this error, first see if you have any firewalls that is blocking the internet access. Then make sure that Safari is set as a "trusted" application. If nothing solves the issue try to ping some sites to see the internet connection is properly configured.

Try some different web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. They are having best features and functionality. They are even easy to use. I would recommend to use Firefox since it is very good browsers and loads web pages faster than others. It is not resource hungry and video streaming is excellent in this browser.