Thread: Internet Explorer 6 doesn't install "Previous installation requires a reboot"

Internet Explorer 6 doesn't install "Previous installation requires a reboot"

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I had downloaded Internet Explorer 6 on my system. The problem is whenever i try to install Internet Explorer 6 on my system, it shows the following error message on my system stating that "A previous installation has pending work and it requires a reboot." But after rebooting my system when i try to install Internet Explorer 6 again on my system it display the same message on my screen. So, can please any body tell me that how do i get rid of the above issue? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Internet Explorer 6 doesn't install "Previous installation requires a reboot"

For that click on My Computer, then select Tools and then click on Folder Options and select View. Then select "Show hidden files and folders", and then click on Apply and click on OK. Then try to create folder named "Old uninstall". Then go to your folder C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Uninstall Information. Now try to edit it and then select all in order to cut all the files that you have in it. Now open up your "Old uninstall" folder and then paste all that files in it. Now you will be able to install as well as troubleshoot the components. After you install Internet Explorer 6 on your system, delete the "Old Uninstall" folder and the files that you have created on your pc.

Re: Internet Explorer 6 doesn't install "Previous installation requires a reboot"

Follow the below steps mention in order to get rid of the above issue.

1. Click on Start menu, and then click on Run.
    2. Then in the Open box, type msconfig, and then click on OK.
    3. Then try to click on the General tab.
    4. Then Click to clear each check box except Load Static VxDs.
    5. Click on Apply, and then click on OK.
    6. When it prompts you, at that time restart your computer.
    7. Then try to restart your Internet Explorer Setup on your system.

In order to resolve the above issue, just follow the below steps mention.

1. Try to restart your computer, and then try to run Internet Explorer 6 Setup. If restarting your computer does not resolve the issue, then try to follow step 2.
    WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
    2. Then click on Start menu, and then click on Run.
    3. Then in the Open box, type regedit, and then click on OK.
    4.Then try to locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    5. Then locate and delete any PendingFileRenameOperations values in the key.
    6. Then click on Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
    7. Then try to Quit Registry Editor.
    8. And finally try to run Internet Explorer 6 Setup on your pc.