Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Display settings automatically changes on opening or closing yahoo messenger

Technology & Internet

Old 25-05-2009

Display settings automatically changes on opening or closing yahoo messenger

Hi,
When i open yahoo messenger, my screen resolution automatically changes to 800 by 600 pixels from 1024 by 768 pixels. When i close it, comes back to 1024 by 768 pixels. Whats going on? Any idea?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Old 25-05-2009

Re: Display settings automatically changes on opening or closing yahoo messenger

I think your system is infected. Update your antivirus and run full system scan. Try to use some free antivirus like AVG, avast, etc. Also run some antivirus application like anti-spywrae and anti-malware programs.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 25-05-2009

Re: Display settings automatically changes on opening or closing yahoo messenger

Which version of yahoo messenger you are using? If you are using any older version, get the latest version: Download Yahoo! Messenger 9.0. Download and install it and check if you are facing the same problem.
Old 25-05-2009

I know it is very irritating. I had the same problem. But the solution is very easy. Follow the steps given below to fix it:
  • Go to C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger
  • Right click on the yahoo messenger.exe icon (yahoo messenger logo)
  • Click on Properties
  • Then click Compatibility tab
  • In Display Settings, untick the 'Run in 640x480 resolution box'
Old 29-06-2009

I have tried this twice and it didn't work. Anyone have any other suggestions.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,