Thread: HP Laptop hinges broken

HP Laptop hinges broken

Recently, I started to experience a problem with my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop.

Does anybody know what causes the cursor to jump into the top-right corner when I hit the space bar?

Thank you for assistance.

Re: HP Laptop hinges broken

I have the same problem though it doesn't necessarily always go to the top right corner. It may go up or down as well, but usually all the way to the edge of the screen. I noticed that there is this dark stiff film between the space bar key and the main spacious plain closer to the user side of the laptop. When I touch it with something small (like a paper clip) it makes the mouse jump. I grabbed another laptop of the same model at my workplace and noticed that it had this physical oddity as well. Recently this mouse jumping problem has gotten pretty bad.

I believe I have a fix for this issue, though it's a kooky one and may need maintenence ...

I took some scotch tape and taped the dark film (I had mentioned in yesterday's post that is partially below the space bar) to the flat surface underneath my space bar. The scotch tape extends from under my space bar to the more raised spacious flat area close to the mouse buttons. I say it may need maintenence because eventually I'm sure the scotch tape will give and I will need to retape it. So now when I lightly use the space bar key the mouse pointer no longer moves! This is not a complete fix for me as if I push the space bar very hard in the one special spot above the taped film, it will still move the mouse pointer. However now this does not affect my typing - it will only do this if I intentionally try to do it! Anyone who tries this and succeeds please provide a post to this thread so I can know if this worked for others. Hope you get the update on this post, ditmar.

Hi all. I also have a the same problem with toshiba satellite pro, for about the past 2 years or more my internal mouse just goes all over the screen uncontrollably. and the mouse cursor thing in the middle of the keyboard well that stopped working all together years ago and it only moves left and right, not up or down.

Sometimes my computer is rendered useless because my mouse keeps trackign across the screen. I have an external microsoft mouse which I use and sometimes I have to hold the mouse and keyboard and use the external mouse to get the mouse to go where I want it. its very frustrating! I will never buy another toshiba note book again either.

Does anyone have a fix for this or can toshiba fix the internal mouse from tracking all over the screen?

If anyone has any info on this Id appreciate any feedback I can get, Cheers guys!!