Thread: Import messages into Gmail via IMAP

Import messages into Gmail via IMAP

Does any of you know how can i import my other mail clients, like Outlook 2007, Netscape, Windows Vista Mail messages in my Gmail account via IMAP ? Because whenever i go through to add my Gmail account I get redirected to a Gmail processing page (imap) that doesn't seem to get me anywhere. i need to import and upload existing old email messages into Gmail and i think IMAP can do that. Please help.

Re: Import messages into Gmail via IMAP

To import and upload existing old email messages into Gmail without hassle and problems, first of all Enable IMAP in your Gmail from Gmail Settings under Forwarding and POP/IMAP Tab. Now open the mail client and configure additional account for Gmail using IMAP protocol in the mail client you currently use to download and read emails.Once IMAP accessed Gmail is configured, an additional IMAP folder for these Gmail IMAP account will be displayed on folders list or mail items list. Now you can drag and drop folders of messages into Gmail using any IMAP client in your local folders to Gmail’s Inbox folder.

Re: Import messages into Gmail via IMAP

You can also move the email messages to a sub-folder under Gmail IMAP folder to automatically skip Gmail Inbox and archive it, but also applying a label to the email messages uploaded.You may add POP3 or IMAP servers as import connections to receive additional e-mail messages on your device and on the Web. To add a POP3 or IMAP server, complete the following steps:

Enter the e-mail address for the POP3 or IMAP server.Enter the password used to access the e-mail account.Click Verify Setup. The system attempts to access and verify the e-mail server account.If the system cannot access or verify the POP3 or IMAP mail server, click Advanced Setup Options to enter and test settings manually.Click Cancel to return to the settings page. The POP3 or IMAP server appears as an entry in the Connection Name section.