Thread: Wordpress saved copies of post

Wordpress saved copies of post

I am a frequent user of Wordpress. I used this site to publish my blog. Whenever i publish a blog wordpress saves a copy of post. I am quiet aware of post/page revision management service of Wordpress. I want to know more about the post/page revision management service. Can it save copy of text which i can use for a revision. And also how to enable and disable the auto save function along with the post feature also.

Re: Wordpress saved copies of post

Post or Page revision management is one of the latest feature of Wordpress. This is good for multi-author blog. It enables to see the author what was changed in a post, by whom and when. You can limit the level of revision management. So you will have a small amount of revision. Add the below code to limit the size of post. You will have to edit your wp-config.php file. I suggest that you keep a back of your file. Add the below code - define('WP_POST_REVISIONS',6); in <?php and closing ?>.
    Eg : -
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    >>WP config file
    /* DISABLE POST REVISIONS */
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS',false);
    ?>

The post/page revision management system just tracks the changes in your post and keeps a copy of previous version of your blog. So that you can revert back if you want. Auto-save just saves your post periodically in order to avoid loss of data. It over writes the old revision automatically. So if your are thinking that the size of your blog will increase due to the auto save feature then it not correct. You can delay the time of auto-save by a minute. Give the following code to your wp-config.php file : define('AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL',600); . It is a useful utility.

Here I am having something for your. If you wish to delete excess post message saved then you can do this. Always make a backup of your file before editing.
    Open your phpMyAdmin panel and log in.
    Select the SQL tab. A SQL Query box will appear.
    Copy/paste or type the below query.
    PHP Code:
    DELETE a,b,c FROM wp_posts a LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships b ON (a.ID=b.object_idLEFT JOIN wp_postmeta c ON (a.ID=c.post_idWHERE a.post_type='revision'