Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hotmail Login Page takes excess loading time

Technology & Internet

Old 18-05-2009

Hotmail Login Page takes excess loading time

When I logon the hotmail site, it takes around 20-30 seconds for the hotmail login page to display. Usually it takes just 4-5 seconds. But, I dont understand why it takes so much excess time to load the simple login page in hotmail. any ideas.....

Old 18-05-2009

Re: Hotmail Login Page takes excess loading time

I dont know the reason for such a strange problem. but next time once you get Hotmail Login Page. I would suggest you to select "Automatically logged me in" option so that it directly signs you up when you logon the hotmail website.
Old 18-05-2009

Basically, hotmail is quite slow at logging you in.

The reason for such a long delay to open a login page might be someone trying to hack your account and for that it requires entering the random (wrong) passwords. Hotmail delays login attempts after a certain number of failed passwords.

There is one better option where you can access your hotmail account faster. You can sign into messenger and access your email from there.
Old 18-05-2009

Do the following 2 important things -
  • Scan your machine: MSN Hotmail can be affected in many different ways by both viruses and spyware. I would advice you to run an up-to-date virus scan and spyware scan regularly.
  • Check your hosts: A common target of malware is the "hosts" file, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Open it in Notepad. If you see "hotmail.com" or "passport.com", then the file has probably been compromised by malware. If that's the case, rename the file to something else.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,