Thread: How can I stop email spoofing

How can I stop email spoofing

As a relay to another mail server, i have a postfix server setup. From last few days, i am surprised with the emails of Delivery Status Notification to the senders whom i didn't send email.What i guess is my email address is getting used by someone else. Could you guys help me out to stop email spoofing ?

Re: How can stop email spoofing

Spoofing technique involves the use of someone else's domain name when sending a message and is also a popular method of phishers, who try to lure consumers into divulging sensitive information by pretending the email is from a trusted source, such as a bank or coworker. So to stop Spoofing you do, some of these following :-

• Use antivirus and spam software with your exchange, Trend is doing great job, if you are corporate than you may want to implement hardware solution, Iron port, Barracuda, end etc.
    • Report spoofed e-mails to your ISP and notify them that someone has stolen our e-mail identify.Be sure to cut-and-paste the message header from the spam message and send it in the body copy of your e-mail message
    • Enable Sender filtering
    • Enable Filter messages with blank senders
    • Use IMF Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter, it is FREE
    • Never respond to requests for personal information that may be contained in the forged e-mail.

Email spoofing involves simply setting the display name or 'from' field of outgoing messages to show a name and address other than the actual one from which the message is sent.If you get the spoofed email, you can look at the internet headers information to see where is it generated. To do so, Open outlook, Open the message and then click view than Options to see the header.

Or you can try these as well to stop email spoofing:
    • Add regularly spammers either Whole domain or single e-mail address into block list
    • Enable Recipient filtering
    • Download Exchange tools and RUN again your server to make sure it is secure and healthy and you followed Microsoft best practices

For more information, visit this link