| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: How can stop email spoofing
Spoofing technique involves the use of someone else's domain name when sending a message and is also a popular method of phishers, who try to lure consumers into divulging sensitive information by pretending the email is from a trusted source, such as a bank or coworker. So to stop Spoofing you do, some of these following :-
- Use antivirus and spam software with your exchange, Trend is doing great job, if you are corporate than you may want to implement hardware solution, Iron port, Barracuda, end etc.
- Report spoofed e-mails to your ISP and notify them that someone has stolen our e-mail identify.Be sure to cut-and-paste the message header from the spam message and send it in the body copy of your e-mail message
- Enable Sender filtering
- Enable Filter messages with blank senders
- Use IMF Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter, it is FREE
- Never respond to requests for personal information that may be contained in the forged e-mail.