Thread: Samsung NC10 wifi Problem

Samsung NC10 wifi Problem

I got a new samsung nc10 netbook. Quiet a good and a portable laptop. But the issue is with the wireless connection. My wireless is not working. It is Atheros wireless card. Normally it drops the connection in between and the net is disconnected many times. How to troubleshoot this problem. What are the steps to configure the wireless card in order to get an continued internet. Please reply.

Re: Samsung NC10 wifi Problem

Multiple user had been affected with the same issue. Samsung NC10 has some manufacturing error. The Atheros wireless card is not up to the mark. I am too facing the same problem. I connecting my laptop to a wireless router. It shows receiving packets but the web pages are not displayed. Then on other machines internet is working good. But in the same the laptop is giving a hard time. The best thing that you will need to contact samsung about the issue. They give some further assistance for the problem.

The Samsung NC10 has Atheros AR5BXB63 wifi card (AR5007EG). This card has some issues with the internet. This is because of the drivers. Samsung has posted a latest drivers for the netbook on the internet. Go on the website and search for the latest wi-fi drivers. Download them and install them. Re-configure your internet settings and connect to the internet. The problem will be solved. Click on the link below to get the latest driver for the wifi card.
    Driver Download.

I use windows xp wi fi manager. It is a best option for me to run the wireless internet. Samsung net book also contains it own application to manage the wireless connection. But I feel this one is good one. It is a simple easy to use tool. Download it and try it. Second thing update your Samsung driver. The latest driver can only sort out the issue of wireless internet. Once the drivers are updated then I believe that you will not receive any problem.
    WiFi-Manager 4.9

At this moment I am having problems. My computer is connected to AOL broadband by a wireless router (D-Link) by a yellow ethernet cable and a phone line. It is fine. The Samsung NC10 will not connect at all saying that "no wireless networks were found in range". I have tried the two links but there are so many files downloaded in "Driver download" and 'WiFi-Manager 4.9' that i dont know what to click on. Can you help? Feel really thick. Sorry about this.

sad Re: Samsung NC10 wifi Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson2 View Post
    I use windows xp wi fi manager. It is a best option for me to run the wireless internet. Samsung net book also contains it own application to manage the wireless connection. But I feel this one is good one. It is a simple easy to use tool. Download it and try it. Second thing update your Samsung driver. The latest driver can only sort out the issue of wireless internet. Once the drivers are updated then I believe that you will not receive any problem.
    WiFi-Manager 4.9
    Hiya

What exactly did you do cos I am still having problems.

Gillian

Quote Originally Posted by mccall49 View Post
    Hiya

What exactly did you do cos I am still having problems.

Gillian
    have you tried disabling the option to let windows handle the connection ?

that way you'll be able to get at the configuration to adjust to your own requirements

Perhaps your wireless NIC or software failed.Are there any error or warning entries in the system event log?Does device manager show the wireless hardware to be operational?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson2 View Post
    have you tried disabling the option to let windows handle the connection ?

that way you'll be able to get at the configuration to adjust to your own requirements
    I did this on the netbook last night. I dont know what my own requirements are really.

G

Hiya

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. It is now fixed. It was AOL's fault - shocker! They hadnt turned on the "wireless" on the wireless router. Doh! After 3 calls they finally sorted it out. I was so upset cos I thought I had bought a dud. Turned out that the only dud was AOL!

Thanks again for everyone's help. It is definately appreciated.

Gillian.

jamesbatss Guest

Hi

I use windows xp wi fi manager. It is a best option for me to run the wireless internet. Can you give me the idea fordigital voice recorders that can have over 250 hours of recording time? Thanks