Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-05-2009

Windows Live:Sort email in a folder

I had a small query about windows live hotmail. I need to creat filters in my WIndows Live hotmail inbox so that all incoming messages directly goes to specific folder. Could anyone of you make me know how can i make such filters ? Please help
Old 14-05-2009

Re: Windows Live:Sort email in a folder

Thats a great idea. By doing so ,you can have incoming email messages automatically sorted into folders.his works best if you have created your own folders in Hotmail. To creat filter in your hotmail inbox, go through this steps:-
  1. From the main window of your hotmail, Click on The 'Option' link that is just below sign out and from the drop down list select "More options".

2. Under Customize your mail, click on Automatically sort e-mail into folders.

3. In the next screen, clcik on 'New Filter' button.

4. Now select a condition for your filter and in the text field you need to enter the text based on what you chose in the first drop down.

5. Now select the folder to which you want the email to be moved

6. Click save to save effect the changes.

Thats it !!
Old 14-05-2009

If you have two custom folders for friends and for business related emails than you can instruct Hotmail to direct incoming messages to specific folders using auto-sorting filters.
Old 14-05-2009

Thanks for the help spyrus. I really needed this as it is gonna save my lots of time.

Help appreciated. Thank you.
Old 17-12-2009

How do you do this for Windows Live Mail (not Hotmail but the download application that replaces outlook)? Thanks.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,