Thread: Internet Explorer 6 crashes with a Run Time Error

Internet Explorer 6 crashes with a Run Time Error

Hello Everybody,

I'm using Internet Explorer 6 as my web browser. Recently i was trying to open my Internet Explorer 6 on my pc, but after opening it, it showed me a Run Time Error 204 message on my desktop screen. Whenever i try to open Internet Explorer 6 it get crash and prompts me to send an error report. Few days back i had done a system restore on my pc and this problem started exactly after doing a system restore. Can any body tell me that what can i do to get rid of the above issue. Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 6 crashes with a Run Time Error

The solution to "runtime error" messages in Internet Explorer is different depending on the type of runtime error that you receive. Click the error that is most like the one you receive. To go to the right solution, click the right error message.

Because this type of error message does not apply to you, you can prevent it from appearing. To do this automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog boxes, and follow the steps in the Disable Microsoft Internet Explorer Script Debugging Wizard.

Note This automatic fix works for all languages, however for some languages the wizard text may be in English.

Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.

If this problem occurs on more than one or two sites, do not disable script debugging. Go to method 2 now.

To turn off the Scripting Debugger in Internet Explorer 6, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. On the Advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging check box. and then click OK .

This error can be disabled, follow the below steps mention.

1. Within Internet Explorer select ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’.
    2. Select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
    3. Tick the option ‘Disable script debugging’ (under ‘Browsing’).
    4. For the setting change to take effect close down all Internet Explorer windows and restart.

Note: If you are a JavaScript developer (or webmaster) then it is probably wise to leave script debugging enabled.