Thread: How to clear history for a particular website ?

How to clear history for a particular website ?

Hello. I need a urgent help from you all guys. I have a pc at my home which is used by many people. I use to browse my financial website at home pc itself with my default bowser FireFox. But for security reason when i clear the browsing history, it clears the all. which i don't want as i need that history again and again. So is there any way i can clear the browsing history for a particular site easily? Please help.

Re: How to clear history for a particular website ?

Fortunately you are using FireFox, i have solution for this browser only. Firefox is having a Add-on called Close'n forget and it does one thing and it does it well. It is a simple add-on that closes the current tab and make Firefox forget about the visit by suppressing cookies related to the current page, cleaning the browser history and so on.

So there will be no history of the site you opened in this tab.After installing, right-click your toolbar and hit "Customize" to add its tiny X icon to your button array, or right-click any page to get a "Close and erase cookies for current site" option. If you want to go deeper than just that page's cookies, check out Close'n Forgets privacy-plus options.

After installing the extension, find the new "close" button in the toolbar customization panel and drop it in your prefered place. Optionaly, you can add an entry in the contextual menu of each page. Downlaod Close'n forget

This is really a very helpful addon if you do some private browsing in between.Once installed the Close'n Forget add-on appears in the add-ons manager.Than install the dedicated RED X button where you want, by right-clicking in any toolbar.Once you have the button available in your prefered place, and when you want to leave a website without keeping the cookies it has left in your browser, you just have to click on this new button.When pressed, the button closes the active tab and remove all cookies from the internet domain of the closed page.

Thanks for sharing this useful solution guys.. I really needed to make secure my financial browsing. Thank you once again.